Cozy Mom

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It has happened, Santa will come

You know as a mother I had never quite decided on the Santa issue. Should we let our daughter think it was real and play along with the secular Christmas myth? Or should we be those conservative religious parents who will never lie to our children and always make sure then know the real reason for the season?

Well as most things in life go, if you don't decided for yourself some will decide for you. And in this case Isabella decided for herself that Santa is coming. Down the chimney, to be exact. I don't know where she learned this but Monday (just 6 days before Chrsitmas) we had the following conversation.

"Mom, after my nap we need to find my phone." (I have no idea which one is her phone.)
" Why?"
" Because we need to call Santa."
" Really, why do we need to call him?"
"To tell him I want a My Little Pony video."

okay....I'm sold. It was too cute. Thank goodness for Target.
So there is one My Little Pony DVD wrapped in Santa paper waiting to be put under the tree on Christmas morning.

And the myth will continue until she figures it out or starts asking for things I can't afford.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger threeforme said…

    We decided not to do Santa this year because Padyn hasn't made a big deal out of it. I think it will be more of an issue this year, but she doesn't talk about Santa yet, except to tell me she doesn't want to go near him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home